- Have you seen “Pete Rose: Hits and Mrs.,” the new TLC reality show starring Pete Rose and his fiance, Kiana? It’s so bad that it’s impossible to decide who’s the biggest boob on the show.
- There are many youth sports that no longer keep score. The concern is that losing a competition might hurt a child’s self-esteem. Then, why is it still OK to have winners and losers when it comes to youth beauty pageants like those on “Toddlers and Tiaras”? That seems like more of a self-esteem problem than keeping score in a baseball game.
- One of the celebrities who will be on the ABC reality diving competition show “Spash” is Katherine Webb. No word on whether Brent Musburger will be an announcer on the show.
- The upcoming feature film “Warm Bodies” is about zombies in love. I thought that was what Kristen Stewart was playing in all those “Twilight” films.
- Time to place your Super Bowl bets. I’m taking a beer commercial to win by a 2-1 margin, although a car commercial has a good chance of being the champ.
It’s rare when a planned interview doesn’t happen. A few have been canceled because airplane flights got delayed or the actor picked up a job at the last minute and became unavailable.
The way a planned interview with former major league baseball player Pete Rose got canceled is really one of the weirdest.
Rose is the subject of the new documentary “4192: The Crowning of the Hit King.” If all you care about are the playing days of the former Cincinnati Reds star, then this is a solid film. The fact it doesn’t deal with his gambling problems or his ban from baseball is like seeing a documentary on the Titanic that ends before the iceberg hits. But, this film was made to highlight the glory days of Rose.
In connection with the documentary, Rose had agreed to sit down with me at a restaurant in Sherman Oaks to talk about his career.