Move over Jonathan Goldsmith. The Esquire Network believes they have the “world’s most interesting man” in Jean Pigozzi. In the new series, “Friends Call Me Johnny,” launching at 10 p.m. Sept. 3 on the cable channel, Pigozzi shows that he became famous for being famous long before Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian.
The series shows how connected Pigozzi is as he travels the globe to sit down with friends such as Michael Douglas, Martha Stewart and Calvin Klein. Like a real-life Forrest Gump, Pigozzi has partied at Studio 54 and was on hand for the founding of Apple computers.
“I’m not a dentist. I’m not an airplane pilot. I’m not a fisherman. Mainly what I do, I invest in high tech companies. And I spend quite a lot of time in Silicon Valley. I’m interested by the future. So I’ve invested in many companies, like Facebook and Compaq computers.” Pigozzi says. “I’m incredibly old, so I started when they were still making computers out of wood. That’s what I do.”
- “Two and a Half Men” star Angus T. Jones made news when he said “If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.” I see an episode where his character of Jake goes to subway station in Paris.
- Lindsay Lohan was arrested for allegedly punching a woman at a New York City nightclub. She should be cut some slack. After her Lifetime movie, “Liz & Dick,” bombed, Lohan was probably looking for some kind of hit.
- Reports have surfaced that some professional football players are using Viagra to gain an edge on the field. This gives a whole new meaning to being the league’s scoring leader.
- ABC has ordered more episodes of “Last Man Standing” and “Malibu Country” proving NBC is not the only network that will hang on to bad comedies.
- This season of “The Walking Dead” has featured a group being attacked, beaten and killed inside a prison. When did this become a realty show?
- Random thought: If PSY was on “Psyche” would you be psyched?