May 18, 2012
Five Things You Should Do This Weekend
celebrating or making Swedes.
1. WALK THE PLANKArgh! This weekend be the
Fresno Pirate Festival, ye swashbucklers. Go pillage those land-lovers at Fresno Famous to find out more. Ahoy! [ More]
2. PUT SOME POETRY IN YOUR EARYou gotta applaud anybody who can keep an event going for 10 years. So props to the
Inner Ear Poetry Jam, who celebrate that anniversary tonight with a speakeasy-themed poetry party. [ More]
3. BOOM & BAPPretty cool hip-hop show at
Fulton 55 on Saturday night. They’re not the headliners, but I’d most recommend you check out Tanya Morgan. [ More]
4. CHILL ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON.There’s something perfect about a Sunday afternoon party.
The Soulflower Group has its first Soulful Sundays of the season at Veni Vidi Vici. It’s a tribute to Stevie Wonder. These parties rule! The Cellar in Clovis also hosts a new Sunday afternoon party called Fun Dip from DJs John Magic and Kay Rich. [ More | More]
5. HAVE A SOFT WHITE SUNDAYS.F. vintage-sounding rockers
Soft White Sixties play Audie’s Olympic on Sunday night. They’re a bit psychedelic, a bit soulful, and definitely cool. [ More]
BONUS: Gayle Skidmore sounds cool too. See her tonight. [ More]
WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND? DROP YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS/PLUGS IN THE COMMENTS.
audie's, cellar door, dj kay rich, fresno pirate festival, fulton 707, fun dip, gayle skidmore, inner ear poetry jam, john magic, soulful sundays, tanya morgan, veni vidi vici, weekend