UPDATE: Sad news, y’all. We’re postponing tonight’s Beehive Birthday party. Mother Nature is not cooperating. And we want this party to be what we envisioned, so we’ll pick a new date and fill you guys in soon. Look for the ValleyWho winner to be announced, right here on the site, tonight.
ORIGINAL POST: Hey y’all – Beehive Birthday is tomorrow. Yes, we heard that rain is possible tomorrow, but we and Rotary Playland are braving it. A few sprinkles can’t dampen our celebration. So join us at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. We’ve already told you a lot of what’s going on, but here are a few more things look forward to:
- NOCO (Fresno Dance Collective) has something wild in store for us — aerial dance performances. I don’t know what to tell you to expect. But it sounds crazy. Be there to see it.
- The GottaLoveFresno.com cam will be out taking in the scenes. The ladies from I Heart Fresno will be behind it. So if you see them, say hi, answer a question and maybe you’ll make it into a video.
- The prizes. There are a lot of them. See below.
- Tioga-Sequoia beer. That’s what we’re serving tomorrow. Drink local!
- Parker will be there. So you can take a picture with him. Or the Waving Lady. Or Ryan Beatty.
THE PRIZE LIST
- Tickets to see Joe Bonamassa at Saroyan Theatre.
- Tickets to see Huey Lewis & The News (8/29) at Table Mountain Casino.
- A free, private show from improv comedy troupe Blimprov.
- A Ryan Vogelsong autographed baseball, two Madison Bumgarner bobbleheads, T-shirts and other cool stuff from the Fresno Grizzlies.
- Gift certificates to Brick restaurant.
- Gift certificates to Club One Casino
- Gift certificates to Swiggs Bar Sports
- Concert tickets from Fulton 55.
- Passes for Fresno Art Museum.
- Passes to SkyWalk, the indoor trampoline arena.
- Tickets to Zeds Dead, the UKF Dubstep tour and Dev/Outasight and the Cataracs courtesy of Level 10 Productions.
- Two festival pass for the Middlestate Independent Comedy Film Festival (April 28 in Merced)
- Two coupons for free teams at Fresno Pub Quiz (Wednesdays at The Landmark)
- A whole bunch of goodies — including wine and tickets — from Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
- Free personal pizzas from Me-N-Ed’s.
- Lunch bags from San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Fresh tortilla chips from La Tapatia
- Fun stuff from Fresno Water Division.