Hey y’all, we’re just a few days away from Beehive Birthday 7. If you missed the previous announcement: The party is at 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday at Rotary Playland. We’re envisioning an after-hours party at Playland, fit for both kids and adults.
We’ve added some Fresno-centric twists to a few of the rides, set up a beer garden, recruited some familiar faces to join us and, of course, we’re going to be announcing the ValleyWho winner.
Things are starting to take shape on our end, so I thought I’d fill you guys in:
- Roque and Bryan from Dumb Drum are doing Cross Streets on the Train. If you dig their “Cross Streets” videos, then you’ll like this adventure on one of Playland’s staples.
- NOtown Roller Derby will be taking over the roller coaster for Roller Coastin’ with Roller Girls. You can meet and ride with some of Fresno’s toughest gals.
- Everybody loves the carousel, right? Well we’re adding a little extra spin. We’re piping in some DJ mixes for Spinnin’ on the Carousel.
- Fresh off their stellar Rogue Festival performance, NOCO (Fresno Dance Collective) will be performing. Whispers indicate that it’s going to be awesome.
- Craig Kohlruss is setting up his mega-fun photo booth again for us. You’ve loved it at our past events and this time we think you’re especially going to want to take pics because …
- We’ve invited all of the ValleyWho contestants to join us for the night. Saroyan can’t make it, but we’re hoping some others can. So far, we’ve confirmed with The Waving Lady and Ryan Beatty will be there.
- Also joining us are some cool groups/organizations from our fair city, that includes Creative Fresno, the BLOB Awards, The Full Moxie, New Rock 104.1, Vineyard Farmers Market, Dead in 60 Years and more.
- In addition to the beer garden, Rotary Playland will be offering its regular concessions menu with one nice addition — tri-tip!
- And, of course, you know we’re going to have some awesome prizes to give away
It all starts at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission costs $5 and includes unlimited rides. Kids 12 and under are free. If you’d like to RSVP on Facebook, that would be just dandy. Either way, we REALLY hope you can join us.