It’s National Coffee Day, and while 7-11 was handing out free coffee and people went about their regular Starbucks routine, we thought it was a worthwhile time to call attention to a local business that’s doing great things with coffee.
That’s CafÃ© CorazÃ³n, the Wishon Row shop that’s not only a great place to grab a cup of coffee, but also a wonderful place to pick up specially roasted beans for at-home brewing from our own local coffee expert Leo Rios.
Here’s an episode from TasteFresno’s web series (produced by The No Network) that takes us inside CafÃ© CorazÃ³n. Once you’re good and fiendin’ for your coffee fix, check out the cafe’s website and go give it a try — today or any other day.
Since Leo is such a nice guy, he also offered up five coffee-making tips for any and all coffee lovers out there:
- Fresh Coffee. Find a roaster that roasts it fresh, it will make a difference.
- Grind it fresh. Grinding your coffee just before you’re about to brew it is yet another little thing that counts.
- Clean filtered water. Water from one of those water stations works.
- Proper water temps. Between 195^ and 205^ and you’re making good coffee
- Time. Steep the coffee long enough to let the coffee goodness release into your fresh brew, usually about 4 minutes.
We’ll add one more: Buy some coffee from CafÃ© CorazÃ³n.