If anyone in my direct vicinity today dare say “There’s nothing to do in Fresno,” they will get smacked. Especially today.
Today is the best Thursday night of the year. There’s wayyyyy too much going on tonight. I need at least three of me to take it all in.
Here’s a look:
- It’s opening day for the Fresno Grizzlies. If Mother Nature cooperates — it looks like she might — tonight will be a Thirsty Thursday. So bring those dollar bills to the beer line! Oh, and if you’re Facebook friends with the Griz, you can get a special deal on tickets.
- “Wicked” is here for Day Two, two performances in fact. Not up to speed on all the Wicked chatter? Just go read all this stuff.
- It’s ArtHop. Donald is all over that already. But if I may, I’ll add a shout for the Artism show at Iron Bird tonight.
- ArtHop means post-ArtHop parties. Tokyo Garden has its customary Rademacher & friends indie rock party, while Fulton 55 jumps into the post-ArtHop pool with a hip-hop night starring Living Legend (and local guy) Aesop.
- Fulton 55 also has an early show. It’s the club’s first comedy showcase, headlined by Tony Baker and Dean Delray.
- Finally, Rome Nightclub goes vintage hip-hop with a performance by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock. You still have time to brush up on the lyrics to “It Takes Two.”
Fliers and more details down below