Observations from a grumpy old man.
- Dolly Parton will no longer be associated with the previously planned water park to be built in Nashville. She couldn’t get the builders to agree that it only would be open from 9 to 5. And you thought I was going to make a very different joke.
- There’s another attempt being made to launch a TV show based on female super hero Wonder Woman. My suggestions for casting are the Octomom, Kim Kardashian or Snooki. I often wonder how these women are famous.
- Seth MacFarlane will host the Oscars ceremonies. That’s the only way we would have ever heard the line “And now coming to the Academy Awards stage, Seth MacFarlane.”
- NBC has ordered a full season of “The New Normal” despite only drawing an average of six million viewers. Oh wait. That’s the new normal when it comes to ratings for network programs.
- There are rumors Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are getting back together. I wonder how log those crazy kids can stay together this time. Put your money on Nov. 17, the day after “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2” opens.