We owe a hearty thanks to Beehive readers for making Saturday’s Beehive Birthday V a roaring success. I’m sure I speak for the rest of the bloggers here when I say we were blown away by the turnout, and happy that everybody seemed to have so much fun.
Personally, I’m always worried when we have events, because it’s not something we do every weekend. So I wonder whether people will really show up. You could ask Kathy or Heather — I was pretty nervous this time around. But by 8 p.m., just an hour in, the turnout was more than I had ever dreamed.
Beyond the sheer numbers, I was happy to see such a diverse sampling of the community. Downtown businessmen, bloggers, teachers, librarians, punk rock dudes, film-makers, art gallery owners, bar hoppers, roller derby players, furry mascots and many, many more were there trying to master our games (tough, huh?) and win some great prizes.
It’s our hope that many of you experienced something new — whether it was Full Circle’s brews, or the ladies of the Valley Burlesque Society, or just a Fresnan you met for the first time. And hopefully you came away loving Fresno just a little bit more.
OK, I’m going to step off that soapbox now, because there are many people who deserved to be thanked for making the party success.
[photo credit: Joe Osejo]
We couldn’t have done it without some really awesome people to put on stage.
- Full Circle Brewing Co.
- The Valley Burlesque Society
- Travis Sheridan
- Daniel Fernandez
- Steven Parra
- The Rogue Festival
Thanks to the local businesses who answered the call for prizes. You guys happily overwhelmed us
- The Fresno Grizzlies
- Rotary Storyland & Playland
- Table Mountain Casino
- Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino
- Fresno Grand Opera
- Fresno Philharmonic
- Roger Rocka’s
- Save Mart Center
- Numbskull Shows
- Tower Theatre
- Tower Dogs
- ACEL Fresno
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley
- D4D Entertainment
- Last but hardly least, Sierra Vista Mall and its numerous shops: Red Robin, Rio Grill, Round Table Pizza, GNC, Hot Dog on a Stick, IHOP, Powell’s Sweet Shoppe and Hungry Bear Cookies.
PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCENES
It took a lot of people to plan, organize and run those oh-so-popular games.
- Joy Mohler (for helping in so many ways)
- Brodiemash (for design skills)
- Candice Torres (for being all-around awesome)
- The gents at Full Circle for helping us set up and test out games.
- Paul Germain for his ice carving skills.
- Our carnies: Michael, Melyssa, Kevin, Craig and Betsy (you guys were clutch!)
- The Beehive bloggers who spent way more time than expected running games.
- Joe Osejo and Michael Banti for taking pictures.
- D4D Entertainment, who really helped us promote the event.
- To everyone who posted it on the Facebook or Twitter, told their friends, or otherwise spread the word.
**NOTE: Look for another post soon with pictures from the event. We’ll also be announcing the winners of the “Guess How Many Corks” game later today.