On this, the last day of the year, we’ll look back at the year that was at The Beehive, thanks to some nifty stats from our Web staff. You can see our most commented posts, most viewed posts and top commenters below.
Thanks to everybody who reads, comments and otherwise participates in our little corner of the Internet. Happy New Year!
BY THE NUMBERS
# of posts: 2,295 | # of comments: 19,757
MOST COMMENTED POSTS (NON-CONTESTS)
1. Grammys 2009: The live blog (195)
2. Why I’ll never eat at Red Zone Sports Grill (192)
3. Does this Tower District mural offend you? (144)
4. Starline: Do we have a revolt on our hands? (115)
5. Fresno: The dumbest city in America? (105)
6. Live-blogging the Oscars (92)
7. Best Tri-Tip Sandwich in Town? (89)
8. WTF or FTW: Roundabouts in the Tower District (86)
9. Is Edge really opening on Friday? (84)
10. What do you think of the Iron Bird Lofts public art? (80)
MOST COMMENTED POSTS (CONTESTS)
1. You could win this super cool “Watchmen” Xbox and other prizes (645)
2. Win tickets to see ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ (619)
3. Win tickets to a screening of “New Moon” (329)
4. Wanna see ‘Monsters vs. Aliens’ with The Beehive? (177)
5. Win Big Fresno Fair concert tickets (160)
6. Who wants to meet Rascal Flatts? (149)
7. Win tickets to “Up In the Air” screening (140)
8. You Review ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ … and possibly win stuff (83)
MOST VIEWED POSTS
1. Celebrities with messed up ink
2. Fresno: The dumbest city in America?
3. Does this Tower District mural offend you?
4. Planet Hiltron still bringing the funny
5. Braless movement heavy on the movement
6. Why I’ll never eat at Red Zone Sports Grill
7. Your mornings are now Laurie West-less
8. You Review Demi Lovato & David Archuleta
9. No Doubt & Paramore: Give us your reviews
10. Robert Pattinson. Just because.
MOST FREQUENT COMMENTERS OF 2009
1. Ms. Joey
3. Wet Towel (or some variation thereof)
9. Travis Sheridan
PREVIOUSLY ON THE BEEHIVE:
- 2008: The Beehive Year in Review