In the aftermath of the “Be World Class. Be Fresno” fiasco, Jeff Eben, head of Fresno’s Convention and Visitors Bureau has taken to YouTube, to respond to most recent Fresno disser Jay Leno and past Fresno disser Conan O’Brien.
It’s also worth noting that Eben was on KGO in San Francisco yesterday talking about the rebirth of Fresno. Is this how Fresno should be handling this? Your thoughts?
The Fresno blogosphere/Internet community is still bubbling with talk on this topic. Here are a few links worth checking out:
- Barry Falke says: Fresno’s Identity (Brand) Is Worth Believing In.
- The Daily Dues chimes in with Fresno: The Running Joke.
- James Collier compares city branding with schoolyard bullying.
- The Fresnan gives the whole ordeal the Bloggiest Moment of the Year, then starts a new feature called World Class Fresnans.
- The recent negative Fresno talk has motivated one Fresnan to start a 31 Days of Fresno campaign on Facebook aimed at celebrating Fresno.
- Fresno Famous says the whole is a waste of time and energy.