“Outside of Christmas Tree Lane, there’s nothing too Christmas-y in Fresno.” I read that on a local blog the other day and was a bit perplexed. I’ve always thought of Fresno as a city that loves to celebrate the season. Especially with Christmas light displays. Maybe we just need a good list of them.
We all know about local fixtures such as Christmas Tree Lane (the second and final walking night is tonight, FYI) and Huntington Blvd, but the last few years I’ve been out looking for other options too.
- My favorite is the area some people call Cindy Lane (pictured above) off of Alluvial Ave., between Peach and Willow in Clovis. To me, and others will disagree, it blows Christmas Tree Lane out of the water. Here’s a blog post with pics from a past visit.
- Last weekend, I discovered a house at 1150 E. Sierra Ave. (just east of First St.) that has an awesome synchronized light and music display. You tune your car radio to 95.1 FM and there’s a 10-minute set of music that the lights flicker along to. Here’s a video from a past year, you’ll have to disregard all the talking. I talked to the owner of the house for a column that will appear in Friday’s paper and he gave me a few other houses in town that set up similar displays:
- 699 E. Blue Ridge, Fresno (Ft. Washington & Friant area)
- 6047 N Winchester, Fresno (Bullard & Maroa)
- 3026 San Gabriel, Clovis (Locan, North of Gettysburg)
- 1189 Citadel, Clovis (Nees & Willow) www.myclovischristmas.com
- A quaint but cool neighborhood I found out about last weekend and checked out is Simpson Ave. at Fruit Ave., just south of Shields Ave. It’s just one street, and it’s not as over-the-top as some other places, but is has a fun neighborhood feel to it. It wasn’t super crowded either.
WHERE DO YOU GO TO LOOK AT LIGHTS?
I’m sure there are plenty of neighborhood hidden gems scattered around our area. Let’s try to put together a nice list here. Is there a must-see area that you know about? Share it in the comments. Please give as much location information as possible.
View the larger map of Fresno area holiday lights and add your own favorite addresses for light photos