UPDATE: Since we’re only a couple days away now, I figured our NYE Guide could use an update. There are more fliers below, plus some new event tidbits. Also, if you’re looking for some TV/theater/dining options, check out our New Year’s Eve story from Sunday’s spotlight section.
ORIGINAL POST, 12/14: New Year’s Eve is coming up quick, and since lots of people are looking for something to do, we put together this handy guide of what’s happening around Fresno. We’re getting word of new events almost daily, so this isn’t the end-all of NYE events, but it’s a good start to help plan your last hours of 2009.
Here are a few events of note. Below that, you’ll find a collection of fliers. If you know of something good, leave it in the comments.
- The 600 Club at Chukchansi Park is looking to hit a grand slam with New Year’s Eve partygoers. It’s got a couple things working in its favor too — a kitchen serving food all night, a nice view of the city and a guest host in the form of Fresno rapper Fashawn. But perhaps the most important detail is that the party is going on until 4 a.m., thanks to those new rules for downtown nightspots.
- The Den at Tachi Palace is going the pin-up route for its 2010-welcoming party. Scheduled to appear are two past Playboy Playmates of the Year — Sara Jean Underwood (2007) and Jayde Nicole (2008).
- If live music is what you’re after, then Audie’s Olympic has a pair of Fresno faves – MoFo Party Band and Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans. Tickets cost $20 and are on sale now at the club.
- Bluesman Ron Thompson holds down the fort on Thursdays at Babylon, and New Year’s Eve shall be no exception. Tickets cost $8 in advance or $10 at the door. The whole thing is put together by the Central Valley Blues Society.
- Starline Salsa Club takes the reigns for NYE over at Starline. Three DJs will spin a variety of funky Latin music throughout the night.
- Bay Area rapper Jacka is performing at Rainbow Ballroom as part of B95′s New Year’s Eve party.
- Orange Blossom Junction in Exeter has Scorpions guitarist Michael Schenker, who is being joined being joined by Gary Barden. Tickets cost $100 and include a four-course dinner. For more info: (559) 592-6726.
- Clovis bar Jimbo’s has cover band Voodoo lined up to perform. Cover is $15 and includes champagne to toast at midnight, appetizers and party favors.