Well folks, Monday is here again. How’d you spend your weekend? Getting in the Christmas spirit? Avoiding the mall at all costs? Braving the rain to hit the town? Here’s a little of what I did this weekend. Add your own adventures in the comments.
- Me and Wifealicious decided to check out some Christmas lights. None of the big stuff, just some neighborhoods I’d heard about, and we were pleasantly surprised at what we found. Expect another post on this subject soon, but I will say that the house on Sierra Ave. with the lights set to music is EPIC.
- Headed over to Revue for Patrick Contreras‘ Christmas concert. While the music was great (Steve Ono joined him on guitar, and Jason Williams was on percussion) and the place was packed, I was mostly taken aback by Revue’s amazing new theater space. Wow. I know I was supposed to be listening to Christmas music and thinking about the season, but all I could think about was the many awesome potential uses for that space — music, comedy, poetry, films, Rogue Festival? I think it’s a good fit for any and all of that. I’ll be very eager to see what happens there.
- It’s not all wows for Revue, though. The service that night was sloooooooow. It literally took my wife 30 minutes to get a hot chocolate. There was a line of people right with her complaining about not getting their drinks. She could have easily walked to Starbucks and back in that time. The place was probably way more crowded than usual, so I sort of understand the back-up, but I also think that Revue may have made a bad impression on potential new customers that night.
- Ack! I got totally OWNED in the Fresno Bloggers Bowl fantasy football playoffs. No repeat championship for me. I have two guys still to play tonight, but Nick Gennock and his 161 points are up by more than 100 on me.
- Tried to avoid any and all spoilers for the “Dexter” season finale. I thought I’d get to watch it, but didn’t get to. In other news: Wifealicious and I got pretty close to beating New Super Mario Bros. Wii last night.
What did you see? Where did you go? Discover a new band? Try a new place to eat? Spill it all in the comments.