Once again, The Beehive is proud to host The Swedies, the Fresno sweding community’s most prestigious award ceremony.
There were many great entries into this past Saturday’s Swede Fest 4, which made these picks especially hard. We wish to applaud everybody who participated, but also want to point out some exceptional Swedes and Sweders.
Just like last years, the winners get their names in a Beehive post. Congratulations.
- Best Picture: “No Country for Old Swedes”
- Best Actor: James McLane, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and Parker “The Swedelot.” (tie)
- Best Actress: Heidi Harian, “Stealing Magnolias.”
- Best Supporting Actor: John Rios, “No Country for Old Swedes.”
- Best Supporting Actress: Whitney Grover, “Blues Brothers.”
- Best Director: “Titanic,” Kevin Searchy
- Best Cinematography: “Once Upon A Time in the Old West,” Vince Cosentino.
- Best Adapted Screenplay: “The Swedelot,” The Fresno Grizzlies
- Best Original Screenplay: “Stealing Magnolias,” Jessica Satori
- Best Film Editing: “The Rocketeer,” dumbdrum.com
- Best Visual Effects: “The Aviator,” Michael Banti.
- Best Costume/Props Design: “The Rocketeer,” dumbdrum.com
- Best Documentary: “Balloon Boy,” Michelle Perry and Christy Clover
You can watch all the entries at swedefest.com. Give us your “People’s Choice Awards” in the comments.