Lots of concert news and tidbits to share, so let’s not waste any time.
THE RETURN OF LITTLE DRAGON
I mentioned this in passing the other day, but it’s worth its own devoted space: Little Dragon is coming back! The Swedish electronica/pop act will be at Audie’s Olympic on Nov. 5. The group played to a nearly packed house at Audie’s in May.
Tickets cost $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Details: lovethecaptive.com.
I was digging their debut album that dropped earlier this year. They’ve got a bit of a dirty rock feel without being too screamy. Advance tickets went on sale today, costing $10. Tickets will cost $15 at the door.
IF YOU’RE KEEPING SCORE
This is a pretty awesome run of concerts. I’m going to all of ‘em.
Nov. 5: Little Dragon
Nov. 7: Jay-Z
Nov. 8: Cage the Elephant
Nov. 9: Vampire Weekend
On Nov. 6 — if you’re wondering — the best concert option Leo Kottke is at Tower Theatre.
SPEAKING OF JAY-Z
Opening acts for Jay-Z’s Nov. 7 date at Save Mart Center were announced when I was vacation and I just haven’t said anything here yet.
I’m pretty psyched about that lineup, particularly J. Cole and N.E.R.D.
‘I CAN RIDE MY BIKE WITH NO HANDLEBARS …’
If you know that lyric, then you might happy to know this: Flobots will play Starline on Nov. 16. Tickets cost $18 and are available at Valentino’s, as well as online at timgardeapresents.com.
MORE GARDEA OFFERINGS
In additon to the above, Bako promoter Tim Gardea has a few more Fresno shows in the works:
FOR THE GODLY
Jars of Clay, Thousand Foot Krutch and Audio Adrenaline are among the contemporary Christian acts on the Creation Festival, which makes a Nov. 3 Fresno tour stop. The concert is at Northside Community Church. Tickets cost $20-$40. Details: extremefaithproductions.com.
FROM AUDIE HIMSELF
Audie of Audie’s Olympic sent us a few shows he’s particularly excited about. Here goes:
- Sunday, 10/25/09 – Joe Buck Yourself, .357 String band, Stab City, Thrawtle, ROR $6
- Friday, 10/30/09 – Mistress of Reality(All Female Black Sabbath), Death Alley Motor Cult and a Fetish Fashion Show $10adv/$15door.
- Saturday 10/31/09 – “A Halloween Night of Mayhem” w/ DREAD ZEPPLIN and Rasta Pasta(members of Let’s Go Bowling & Double Doors) $10adv/$15door.
- Thursday, 11/5/09 – Little Dragon, Jungkshen, DJ Mr. Leonard $10adv/$15door.
- Thursday, 11/12/09 – Hobo Nefews of Uncle Jake, Whiskey & The Devil Chaplain, Poor Man’s Poison $6.