It’s the event that the Fresno Swede community has been waiting for — The Beehive’s Swedies. OK, that’s a total lie. You didn’t even know we were doing these awards. But we just thought it sounded cooler if we said everyone was waiting.
While the Fresno blogosphere is still buzzing about Saturday’s Swede Fest, we are taking on the unofficial duty of recognizing the Swede Fest’s best and brightest. The winners, get this, will have their names in a Beehive post.
- Best Picture: “La Bamba — Sweded,” by Vince Cosentino
- Best Actor: Will Albritton, “A Few Swede Men”
- Best Actress: Brittany Stapleton, “Interview With a Vampire Sweded”
- Best Supporting Actor: Jimmy Cosentino, “La Bamba — Sweded.”
- Best Supporting Actress: Whoever was Donna in “La Bamba”
- Best Director: Bryan Harley, “Signs (Sweded)”
- Best Cinematography: Roque Rodriguez, “The Fast & The Furious (Sweded)”
- Best Writing – Adapted Screenplay: “A Few Swede Men,” Josh & Will Are Idiots.
- Best Writing – Original Screenplay: Travis Sheridan, “The Office: Swine Flu.”
- Best Film Editing: Roque Rodriguez, “A Few Swede Men”
- Best Visual Effects: Travis Sheridan, “The Office: Swine Flu.”
- Best Costume Design: “Signs (Sweded)”
Feel free to give your own “people’s choice awards” in the comments after watching the films below.