It’s another Much Ado About Thursday — you know, the first Thursday of the month, when ArtHop undoubtedly collides with many other local happenings, resulting in an abundance of things to do. Here’s a rundown. Feel free to add anything I missed or shout out what you’re doing in the comments.
ARTHOP: You all know what the first Thursday of the month means — hopping art galleries in the Tower and downtown. Here’s a graphic sampling of what’s going on. You can get more ArtHop options here. We’d love to hear some of your recommendations.
SHAMELESS: I’m droppin’ fresh tunes over at Hero’s tonight as part of an ArtHop event showcasing local photographers. Super Lucky Catz will also be performing. I’m playing 5-7 p.m. Expect Santogold, MGMT, Matt & Kim, Peter Bjorn & John, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, stuff like that.
ROCKIN’: Elsewhere there are some live music options:
- As we talked about yesterday, The Used is playing at Crest Theatre.
- The B-52s are playing up at Table Mountain for all your Rock Lobsters. But it’s sold out.
- Post ArtHop at Tokyo Garden brings together L.A.’s Go West Young Man, Fresno’s own Love Pollution and Seattle’s By Sunlight.
- Gary Hoey and Craig Chaquico play a “Stars of Guitar” concert at Orange Blossom Junction in Exeter.
- Finally, here’s a cool bill at Club Fred:
THE CLUBS: From the usual Thursday night booty-shakin’, to a magazine launch party to some pre-Spring Break partying … here’s what’s up: