Observations from a grumpy old man.
Catching my attention in the entertainment world are bad emergency calls, crazy days for reality show, cancellations and big anniversaries.
- Police went to the home of Ashton Kutcher because of a fake 911 call. When they got there they found it empty with nothing of interest happening. The police didn’t find that funny. Now the cops know how we feel when we watch Kutcher’s version of “Two and a Half Men.”
- The lineup has been announced for a celebrity version of “Celebrity Apprentice” and Gary Busey is among the all-stars. That’s really unfair. Busey never realized that he had been fired from the last time he was on the NBC reality competition show.
- CBS canceled “Made in Jersey.” Snooki wept.
- James Bond turned 50. The celebration included a cake with candles that could turn into rockets and a buttercream topping that doubled as explosives.
- NBC has delayed the return of “Community” and “Whitney.” The reason network executives are giving is that they want to concentrate on promoting this season’s new shows. What that really means is NBC now wishes it had canceled both shows when it had the chance.