Update III: The announcements keep coming. Included today are updates from the Fresno Fair and Strummer’s (formerly the Starline).
- The Big Fresno Fair has added classic rock-band Tesla to it’s schedule at the Paul Paul Theatre. The band will the opening Friday, Oct. 4. Tickets are $20-$25 and go on sale Aug. 12. Pre-sale tickets will be available to Big Fair Fan Club members starting July 31.
- While tickets to the recently announced Panic at the Disco! show have sold out, Numbskull Productions has announced another round of upcoming shows, including rapper IAMSU! (Sept. 18), metal band Otep (Sept. 20) and party-master Andrew WK (Oct. 16). All tickets on sale tomorrow.
UPDATE II (on July 23): Yesterday came some big news from the Save Mart Center. Nashville rockers Paramore will play the arena Oct. 22 as part of its Self-Titled tour. Canadian alt-rockers Metric will open. Tickets go on sale Friday. Last time Paramore played the Save Mart Center it was opening for No Doubt.
The casino doesn’t have it listed on its calendar yet, but Table Mountain Casino will host Southern rockers Black Crowes, Nov. 19. That is according to listings at Pollstar (thanks to Beehive commenter Michael for the heads up).
UPDATE (on July 15):More concert announcements are rolling in. From now on I’ll try to update here for sake of ease. Unless it’s something super crazy big.
- Country band Florida Georgia Line announced that Fresno will be part of its “Here’s to the Good Times” tour. The 32-city tour is a first for the band as a headliner.
The duo has become popular in the last year. Their first single “Cruise” went platinum four times over. Florida Georgia Line Save Mart Center Dec. 11. No word yet on when tickets go on sale.
- Panic! at the Disco plays Aug. 21 at Strummer’s, formerly the Starline. The show will be one of several intimate venues (read, not arenas) the band will be playing on a short tour before heading out on full-reunion tour with Fall Out Boy. Tickets for the Fresno show go on sale 10 a.m. July 20 and we’re pretty sure it will be a sell-out.
The band’s latest release “Too Weird to Live, to Rich to Die,” is out Oct 8. See the video for the first single on the jump.
- Also coming to Strummer’s is Flag, the band from Keith Morris, Chuck Dukowski, Bill Stevenson and Dez Cadena (with Stephen Egerton). If you couldn’t tell by the name (or the members), the band plays the music of … Black Flag. Flag will be in Fresno Aug. 23. Tickets go on sale Friday.
ORIGINAL POST (July 11): I should probably just do one massive post at the end of each week with all of the concert announcements that keep coming in, because it’s getting hard to keep up.
Here are another few:
- Jackie Evancho, the 13-year-old singing sensation who was a runner-up on “American’s Got Talent,” returns to the Saroyan Theatre, Nov. 17. Evancho sold out the theater when she played there last year. Tickets range from $49.75 to $140.75 and go on pre-sale July 15. Use password “Fresno.”
- Numbskull productions added two more shows to its upcoming list. The post-hardcore screamo band Senses Fail will play Oct. 5 at Strummer’s, formerly the Starline. The band’s new album “Renacer” was released in March. Underground revolution rapper Immortal Technique joins Brother Ali on The War and Peace Tour. It plays Strummer’s on Sept. 10. Tickets for both show on sale now.
Update: The official video for Panic! at the Disco’s “Miss Jackson.”
From original post:
Here’s a video of Evancho singing “Bride Over Trouble Water,” followed by the official trailer for the documentary “The (R)evolution of Immortal Technique.”