You’re going to have some free time weekend, now that you have to give up filing for that patent on your DNA. Worry not, there is plenty to do, especially if you’re a music fan. For a close-to-complete-but-not-at-all list, I present your weekly installment of BANDGEEEEEK!!!
- The 2nd Annual Love in General.
- JazzHop at Frank’s Place.
W/HR7, the Dirty Stomp and David Hull. 8 p.m. Free. All ages. (Flier link)
- Cortaud and Bobtail.
- 31st Annual Fig Gig.
- Reggae Nights at the Babylon.
W/DJ Daddy Spleece and White Glove Service. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- San Diego band Black Market III.
At Full Circle Brewing Co. 8 p.m. $9.
- Fresno Summer Jazz Series.
W/David Sanborn and Bob James. Plus Brian Culbertson, Fred Yonnett and Fresno’s own Blu J’z. At the Rotary Amphitheater. 6 p.m. $45-$85.
- Queens hip-hopper Pharoahe Monch.
- The Experience CD release show.
- Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys.
- Depeche Mode tribute Strangelove.
At Visalia’s Cellar Door. 9 p.m. $10
- Homegrown Fridays.
W/Sirensinging, Tone of Voice, The Genetics and Tommy Marquez. At the Babylon Club. 8 p.m. Free.
- The Dead Man Walking tour.
- Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans.
Part of ApCal’s Friday Night Live series. 7 p.m. Free.
- Let’s Go Bowling.
W/Gayle and the Bowties and teh Jacktones. At the Starline. 8 p.m. $10. (Flier link)
- Fresno’s own Kornbred.
At Full Circle Brewing Co. 8 p.m. Free.
- Denver band the Epilogues.
- Local rock night.
W/Dimidium, Violent Serenade, Deadkey Mantra and Euphoria. At Fulton 55. 8 p.m. $8
- Jeremy “Elvis” Pearce and the Memphis Sons.
Part of ApCal’s Lucky 7 concert series. 7 p.m. $10.
- California bluegrass with Doc’s Holiday.
At Fresno Brewing Company. 8 p.m. Free. All ages.
- Celtic fiddler Michael Mullen.
At Full Circle Brewing. 8 p.m. $7.
- Central Valley Jazz Fest.
- Super Heroes vs. Super Villains.
W/two stages for battle, featuring Leather Serpent vs. Mr. Fancy & the Schmancy Pants. Plus Let Sleepers Lie, Atone Hands, Outside the Wire, 2 Hours Later, Atone and Iwanaga. At the Babylon Club. 8 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- Lane Canales and the Flood.
- SoCal band Frostbite.
- It’s the Father’s Day Blues Festival.
W/Mo Fo Party Band, Deja Blues, Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans and Blue Desire. At St. Teresa’s lawn in the Tower District. 2 p.m. $10. (Flier link)
- Genocide District.
- Stress Relief.
- Ryan Beatty.
Well, that’s what I found anyway. Feel free to add you own events in the comments section or contact me at email@example.com or @joshuatehee on Twitter.