If you are anything like me, this weekend is all about recuperating from last weekend and possibly gearing up for the big election. Of course, there’s always the chance I’ll get out to a few shows, some of which I present to you know in another installment of BANDGEEEK!!!
- Local metal rock from Six Ounce Gloves, Grooveyard and No Halo. At Fulton 55. 9 p.m. $10-$12. (Flier link)
- Homegrown Fridays continues with Christian Tayar, The Remedy and Three Brown Guys. At The Babylon Club. 8 p.m. Free. (No flier link).
- ApCal’s Friday Night Live features guitarist Brad Wilson. 7 p.m. Free. (No flier link).
- A night of local indie-electronic rock with Hell08s, Santa Mira, Fatty Cakes, Sahab and Seven Sisters. At Audie’s Olympic. 9 p.m. $3. (Flier link)
- Giver, Dependence, Faith in Fiction, Limits and Operazoo. At The Victory Cafe. 7 p.m. $6-$8. All ages. (Flier link)
- Light Thieves open for Los Angeles’ Caught a Ghost. At the Cellar Door in Visalia. I chatted with vocalist Mike Adame in advance of the show. 9:30 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- It’s soul night at Frank’s Place, w/DJ DJ and Lady Dre. All vinyl. 9 p.m. Free. 18 +. (Flier link).
- Arte Americas continues it’s Nights in the Plaza series with Santana tribute Zebop. 8 p.m. $10 (Flier link)
- The Airborne Toxic Event plays Visalia’s Fox Theatre. W/the Tulare County Symphony. 7:30 p.m. This show was sold out, but it looks like some tickets have been made available. Read my take on the band and the show. $27. (Flier link)
- Full Circle Brewing hosts a mini festival with Before Perils and Friends. Featuring Roger Perry Band, Stable Hands, Roving Blades, Passion Bucket, Boxcar Figaro, I Do Not Exist, Rhythmic Persuasion, B Free, The Industrial Rejects Chamber Ensemble, Pieter Moerdyke, Christy Turpin, Evelyn Shu, BedeDona, Geoff Thurman and Matt Bedrosian. 6 p.m. $6. (Flier link)
- It’s an EP release for DB and the Struggle. W/AC Myles and Mezcal. Plus an acoustic set from Frances and Frank Valencia. At Audie’s Olympic Tavern. 9 p.m. $8-$10. (Flier link)
- Texas band Sick/Sea plays Tokyo Garden. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- The Valley’s premiere Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac tribute band Stealing Nicks plays ApCal. 7 p.m. $7. (Flier link)
- Marilyn Manson tribute Antichrist Superstar gets crazy at the Starline. W/Soul Motor, Fear No Evil and Blind Disciple. 8 p.m. $12. (Flier link)
- Country band Back in the Valley plays the early show at Cellar Door in Visalia. 8 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- Brother Luke and Jonathan Hadden play Victory Grill. 9 p.m. Free show. Drink Specials. (Flier link)
- It’s a full day of country music at JugFest 2013, presented by 106.7 KJUG. W/Charlie Worsham, Chris Janson, Maggie Rose, Weston Burt, Matt Kennon and headliner Easton Corbin. At Twilight Park in Woodlake. 1 p.m. Free. (Flier link)
- BabyBee N The Goodfellows blues show at Frank’s Place. W/Alvin Draper. 8 p.m. $10-$12. (Flier link)
- Grammy nominated vocalist/songwriter /producer Bilal is at Fulton 55. W/Ashlee’ Littlejohn and Onelove. 8 p.m $20-$25. (Flier link)
- Hardcore at CYC. W/Ironclad (Reno), Era of Desolance (Atwater), These Streets (Modesto) and Deconstructer (Merced). 6 p.m. $2. All ages. (Flier link)
- Las Vegas pop punk band Guts is at CYC. W/A Week Away, Keep Your Fingers Crossed, Clouds Like Mountains and The Thought of Yesterday. 7 p.m. Tuesday. $5. All ages. (Flier link)
- Singer songwriter Maia Sharp returns to Fresno with friends AG and Garisson Starr. At Frank’s Place. 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. $15-$20. (Flier link)
- Los Angeles indie-soul band Erna and the Erratics play Tokyo Garden. 9 p.m., Wednesday. $5. (Flier link)
That’s what I found at least. Feel free to add other events in the comments section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.