- Martina McBride will be playing Visalia Fox Theatre, June 25. McBride was last in town in February playing a sold-out show at the Save Mart Center with country legend George Straight. This show should be a bit more up close and personal. Tickets are $45-$125 and on sale now.
- Religious Appeal has announced July 20 as the date for a second Catacomb Party. You’ll remember the first Catacomb party was a album release for the band Fierce Creatures and wildly successful, drawing a huge crowd of young hipster types to the Fulton Mall. No word is they ever left. This year’s festival has no direct ties to the band that we can see, other than being co-produced by it one-time frontman Mathr de Leon. No word of the lineup yet, but the festival will be on the Fulton Mall and is sure to have many people really excited.
Original post from May 16:
A quick note on a couple of concert announcements that have come through in the last few weeks.
- So the Starline does have new owners, and we will have more info on that soon. But early indications look good for punk rock fans. Kevin Seconds (of 7 Second fame) will be doing a free acoustic set there May 27. Starts at 8 p.m. Following that is a double headliner punk show with genre veterans Guttermouth and Agent Orange. That’s July 23. Tickets are $13 and on sale now. For your prop-rock friends, Zavalas (the new project from Mars Volta frontman Cedric Cedric Bixler-Zavala) is at the club June 25. Tickets on sale now.
- The Fresno Fair has added two more artists to its 2013 concert lineup. Singer/songwriter/guitar man Boz Skaggs plays Oct. 3. Tickets are $15-$20. Disney channel star and current “Dancing with the Stars” finalist Zendaya plays the afternoon slot on Oct. 12. Tickets are $10 and should go fast. Skaggs and Zendaya join LL Cool J, Austin Mahone and Skillet. Tickets on sale Aug. 12.
- The Tower Theatre’s Painted Table venue (in the old Daily Planet) announced a trio of note-worthy shows. The Gonzalo Bergara Quartet brings its style of progressive Gypsy Jazz (think 1930s Django Reinhardt) to the venue July 10. Tickets are $30 and on sale now. American Blues guitarist Hamilton Loomis plays July 25 for a CD release show. Tickets are $30. And Casey Abram, the American Idol 2011 finalist plays the venue on Aug. 27. Tickets are $27.