The popular but embattled quarterback — known for his steamy good looks, unorthodox throwing and strong Christian faith — will be the star of the April 5 event at Fresno Convention Center’s Exhibit Hall. It’s a joint effort between Break the Barriers and Fresno Christian Schools. Tebow is reportedly getting paid $150,000 to appear. According to The Bee, tickets cost $150 and go on sale Feb. 19.
As we wait for Tebowmania to sweep through Fresno, we thought up 10 potential taglines that could swell interest among the masses. Something tell us organizers will pass, but what the heck, we’ll share with you.
*** Drumroll, please ***
10. By our calculations, the 12th best quarterback in Fresno that day.
9. More action than he saw on the football field this season, guaranteed — or your money back.
8. Tim Tebow day in Fresno — aka “Parents: don’t miss this chance to find your 22-year-old daughters an upstanding Christian husband” day.
7. Joined by opening act — and new girlfriend — Lennay Kekua.
6. Kiss the purity ring, b**ch.
5. It’s the biggest party night of the yeaaaaaaaar. Tim Tebow. Fresno. Friday night. After party at Club Eva — which, for one night only, is changing its name to Club Eve.
4. If you miss him on April 5, catch Tebow selling Mark Sanchez voodoo dolls at Big Hat Days April 6 and 7.
3. The first 58 minutes of his speech might suck, but the last two minutes will be entertaining.
2. Fresno and Tebow: A match made in heaven. No, seriously, God is his agent.
1. We told him he could be QB1 for the Central Valley Coyotes if he came … and he fell for it!