UPDATE: As promised in this week’s food pages, here is the Valley’s ultimate guide for the lazy Thanksgiving dinner. These supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and delis allow you to dine out — or take out the entire meal.
Check out the story for the full list, then browse through the menus below. (I’ll add more of them as they become available.) And if you have more places to add, drop them in the comments.
- Erna’s Elderberry House Restaurant, Oakhurst
- The Pines Resort, Bass Lake
- The Ahwahnee, Yosemite National Park
- The Mountain Room at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, Yosemite National Park
- The Wawona Hotel, Yosemite National Park
- Grand Ballroom at Tenaya Lodge, Fish Camp
- Embers Restaurant at Tenaya Lodge, Fish Camp
- Sierra Restaurant at Tenaya Lodge, Fish Camp
- Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 2233 Ventura Street
Restaurants and Delis
- Marie Callender’s (Dine out and take out available.)
- Boston Market (Dine out and take out available.)
- Mimi’s Cafe (Dine out and take out available.)
- Claim Jumper (Dine out and take out available.)
- The Chef’s Table, Fig Garden Village
- New Stars Vegetarian Restaurant, Champlain Drive and Perrin Avenue
- Walnut Avenue Deli at TrÃ© Bien, Visalia
ORIGINAL POST: Every year, some readers ask me about ways to outsource Thanksgiving dinner — either by dining at a restaurant or picking up a meal they can eat at home.
I know it sounds like heresy to home cooks, but when you’re in the thick of juggling pots on the stove and pans in the oven, dining out can seem like a good idea.
So, any of you do a take-out or dine-out Thanksgiving? Let us know your favorite restaurants. Or name the best markets to pick up The Big Meal.
[photo source: Tomas Ovalle/The Fresno Bee]