I’m drooling here. I am being inundated with luscious photos of desserts, recipes, emails about free food and all sorts of delicious food-related goodness. So I figured I would share. We ran this photo of cookies being made at P*DE*Q on the front page this morning. The story that accompanies it is about Valley food producers jumping into gluten-free and other specialty markets. And here’s a gallery of photos from the G-Free Foodie box club and P*DE*Q. (And by the way, a story about the upcoming Fresno Food Expo was on the business page today.)
Today’s food page was chock full of taters. My colleague’s story about potato appetizers for the Super Bowl has recipes for Dusty Buns‘ bistro fries, potato lollipops from Trelio and others. My column about the House of JuJu restaurant opening in Clovis ran next to it.
But I just don’t want to pimp my own stuff here, especially since there’s free food involved.
- Panda Express is celebrating Chinese New Year on Friday with a free serving of Firecracker chicken breast. You need to print out this coupon or show it to them on your phone.
- On Monday, the Yogurtland in River Park will be celebrating National Frozen Yogurt Day with free yogurt and toppings between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Customers will also get a spoon that changes colors when it gets cold.
- After the internets got all excited about Carl’s Jr.’s strawberry pop tart ice cream sandwich, the fast-food chain is debuting its successor, the snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich. It’s a scoop of vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two snickerdoodles. For a limited time (they don’t say how long), customers can get a free snickerdoodle sandwich with the purchase of any Philly cheesesteak burger combo. It costs $1.49 on its own, but here’s a 50 cents off coupon.
Latest posts by Bethany Clough (see all)
- Two new coffee startups sniffing around Fresno - April 15, 2016
- The 5 most annoying parking lots in Fresno, according to The Fresnan - April 11, 2016
- Free frozen yogurt at Campus Pointe Yogurtland Saturday - April 4, 2016