Here’s the Fresno State theater season for 2013-14:
- “The First Breeze of Summer,” by Leslie Lee. Directed by Thomas-Whit Ellis. Oct. 4-12.
- “Our Town,” by Thorton Wilder. Directed by J. Daniel Herring. Nov. 1-9.
- “Clybourne Park,” by Bruce Norris. Directed by Kathleen McKinley. Dec. 6-14.
- Contemporary Dance Ensemble, Kenneth Balint, artistic director. Feb. 14-22, 2014.
- Two Absurdist One Acts: “Play” by Samuel Beckett and “The Bald Soprano,” by Eugene Ionesco. Directed by Ruth Griffin. March 14-22, 2014.
- “Othello,” by William Shakespeare. Directed by Brad Myers. May 2-10, 2014
Strong, interesting season. “Clybourne Park” is a very recent Broadway Tony winner — I saw it last season and it’s superb. I love the thought of an Absurdist double-header. And something tells me this isn’t going to be your grandfather’s “Our Town.”
Latest posts by Donald Munro (see all)
- Just 3 more days to see Frida show at Fresno Art Museum - April 28, 2016
- In local architecture awards, congrats to photography winners - April 27, 2016
- Fresno’s first LitHop kicks off - April 23, 2016